Resources for librarians
This page is for librarians who want to use Ocean School resources.
It is designed to help get you started and provide you with support and resources for your library activities.
Host an Ocean School Event
To hire a guest speaker for a conference or organize a virtual workshop, please contact email@example.com.
To organize a Science Literacy Week in your library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to use the topics as suggestions to find books for story time, research, displays, and other activities.
Want to add book suggestions to our reading list?
Please complete this form to submit your suggestions!
- We Are All Connected: Coast Salish, Coastal Rainforests and Cougars | Authors: Celestine Aleck, Brenda Boreham, and Terri Mack | Grade Level: 3, 4, 5
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants | Author: Robin Wall Kimmerer | Grade Level: 10, 11, 12, University/College
- Natural Curiosity 2nd edition: A resource for educators: Considering indigenous perspectives in children’s environmental inquiry | Authors: Doug Anderson, Julie Comay, and Lorraine Chiarotto | Grade Level: University/College 🍁
- Science and Sustainability: Learning from Indigenous Wisdom | Author: Joy Hendry | Grade Level: University/College
- About Habitats: Oceans | Author: Cathryn Sill | Grade Levels: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1, 2
- High Tide, Low Tide: A Shoreline Activity Book | Author: Gloria Snively | Grade Levels: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3 🍁
- If You Want to Visit a Sea Garden | Author: Kay Weisman, Illustrator: Roy Henry Vickers | Grade Levels: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3 🍁
- Explore the Eelgrass Meadow with Sam and Crystal | Author: Gloria Snively | Grade Levels: 3, 4, 5, 6 🍁
- British Columbia, Its Land, Mineral and Water Resources | Author: Sandy Duncan | Grade Levels: 4, 5 🍁
- Climate Change: The Science Behind Melting Glaciers and Warming Oceans with Hands-On Science Activities | Authors: Josh Sneideman, Erin Twamley | Grade Levels: 9, 10, 11, 12
- The Right to Be Cold: One Woman's Story of Protecting Her Culture, the Arctic and the Whole Planet | Author: Sheila Watt- Cloutier | Grade Levels: 12, University/College 🍁
- A Whale's World | Author: Nicholas Read | Grade Levels: Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3 🍁
- Sharing Our World: Animals of the Native Northwest Coast | Author: Various Indigenous Contributors | Grade Levels: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3 🍁
- National Geographic Kids Mission: Sea Turtle Rescue | Author: Karen Romano Young | Grade Levels: 4, 5, 6
- Return of the Sea Otter: The Story of the Animal That Evaded Extinction on the Pacific Coast | Author: Todd McLeish | Grade Levels: Advanced
- Turtle Planet: Compassion, Conservation, and the Fate of the Natural World | Author: Monk Yun Rou | Grade Levels: Advanced
Take the plunge!
Let the ocean be your classroomExplore our content